How to Manage Head lice
Practice guidelines for treatment
- Wash hair in the normal way using an ordinary shampoo.
- Inspect the rinsing water for lice floating to the surface.
- Using LOTS of any hair conditioner and while the hair is very wet, comb through with a fine tooth comb. Make sure that the teeth of the comb slot into the hair at the roots with every stroke. Do this over a pale surface such as a paper towel.
- Sodden lice will not move and slippery hair is difficult for lice to get a grip on so they will be easy to remove with a comb.
- If you find any lice, repeat this routine every three days for two weeks.
Please note had lice treatment is available at the Pharmacy for persistent outbreaks